Evangelistical event; 流浪漢世界盃 (Team of Miracle: We Will Rock You)

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

aiya. so blur :(
Yesterday, I went to this gospel event (somewhat like a concert) organized by The Media Evangelism Limited. It's Hong Kong-based and they reach out by filming gospel movies with HK stars. From the brochure, it looked like it was some Chinese Opera concert thing. People didn't really want to go because they think Chinese Opera isn't very interesting. People in very thick make-up, singing and pulling their very high-pitched voices. But this doesn't occur everyday you know, so I went larh. About 400+ people attended.

Went with grandma, mummy & another church member (in our car). They sold lots of stuff outside, Christian-related things such as stationaries, music albums, movies etc. They were selling Angel Heart magazines too!! HAHA I saw this mechanical pencil they were selling and it had a verse on it. so cutee. I wanted to buy it but my mum said I have so many mechanical pencils already. ARGH.

We went in the hall and they were showing some MVs of the previous gospel movies. Then the lights dimmed and then this trailer appeared. The title was so familiar... "流浪漢世界盃" or in English, "Team of Miracle: We Will Rock You" Hmmmm... I really really tried to recall where I've seen this before. and I FINALLY got it after a few scenes of the trailer. It's Gigi's new gospel movie!! She's only a cameo in the movie though. I got to watch it first-hand! YES! They had Queen's We Will Rock you song as the background music. very coool :D

Hattush's theme song xD Queenie blindfoldeddd! (Inside joke!!)

lol, I never knew I'd get to see the trailer here. Seriously! I've been following up the process of the filming (I follow up all gospel movies' filming processes!). It looked pretty interesting to me! They had really cool kicking football techniques.







It's basically about homeless people, forming a soccer team and finding their way back to employment and their families through team spirit. Does it sound familiar? It sounds a bit like Shaolin Soccer. But that one has Shaolin elements, this one has Christian elements. They seriously worked very hard for the movie. Under rain & sunlight. You people have to watch it!!! Probably airing in October. REMEMBER TO WATCH IT!!!!

http://www.media.org.hk/wewillrockyou/index.asp
Official site of movie. Filming info inside! (Chinese)


This is not the one I watched.. the one I watched was the official trailer, this one is just a short sneak peek :) You see that elderly with the beard in the video? He's 文千歲! He's the man who came to the event with his wife + Fiona Leung (woman who was speaking in the video). I wanted to take pictures but, I was afraid that cameras were prohibited. So I only took it out at the end of the whole thing.

It was seriously a very touching event. I bet it touched many lives! All 3 of them were talking about their personal lives, how they were able to receive salvation and what happened before that etc. How Fiona got involved in a car accident. She said God blessed her because she has fully recovered, if not she wouldn't be able to speak on stage that very day. Very touching indeed. And the woman who had 30+ years of sleepless nights and worshiped idols. Then she came to know Christ, and she slept well from then onwards. Very touching indeed. I almost cried, I think. You have no idea how much these people have went through in their lives.


At the end, the Pastor asked who wanted to accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Saviour. SO GLAD 40-50 PEOPLE ACCEPTED HIM THAT NIGHT! From 14/7 onwards, they need not be afraid of being in the deepest corners of their lives (which means they don't need suffer anymore). Cause Jesus died to take their sins away! WOO-HOO! There was 文千歲, his wife, Fiona Leung, a Pastor and the director of the Media Evangelistic Limited. But, who knows. Probably a few of them only accepted Jesus just because they want to shake hands with the stars. If any of them did.. they are sick, sick people!

2 comments :

  1. you have to tell the WHOLE world don't you carmen chan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! Yes I do have to Queenie. Inside joke larh xD

    ReplyDelete

Please comment appropriately!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs

Edited by Carmen Chan