PMR is war; Piano exam gr6 results

Thursday, October 1, 2009

So many things happened this week! Gosh, everyday has something new to offer!
Long post.. do not further read if you think your eyes will strain. I'm not responsible for anything! Don't say I didn't warn you.

Thursday...
I got my piano results back! Surprisingly (astonishingly, shockingly, and also fortunately), I got 121/130 for my piano exam, a merit. So close to a pass (whatever below 120 and above 100). I could not believe my eyes when I saw the message my piano teacher sent me. Praise the Lord!!

Friday...
My goodness me, my Cambodian maid ran away today. Seriously! She took her luggage and went out of the house WITH OUR HOUSE KEYS (so technically, she was stealing our house keys). But in the end, she came back after 25 minutes :mGuilty:. Then my mom and I talked to her and all.. sighh so mafan to have such a complicated maid.

Hehe, my piano teacher gave me my examination mark form.

A3 (24/30): This was a neat opening with a successful balance between the hands on the whole. You were aware of the various dynamic contrasts. What a pity there were a couple of stumbles in the second section since this was musical playing.

B3 (25/30): You included much of the expressive detail in your performance. Soft playing in particular was well controlled. At times the melody needed to sing more over the accompaniment. However there was much to enjoy with some well judged tempo changes.

C1 (24/30): There was a promising feel for the peaceful mood. You were aware of the tempochanges but there was a need for more flexibility overall. A few small note errors were apparent and from bar 40 needed to be bolder. The ending was musically managed.

Scales or Arpeggions (17/21): Examples were played at a good tempo with keys secure. There was a small slip in E flat minor in contrary motion while chromatics were mainly secure. There was one initial slip in B flat minor arpeggios.

Sight Reading (16/21): You tried to include the detail. There were a number of slips but you settled in the middle. However the ending was not secure with rhythm unsure.

Aural Tests (15/18):
Part A - Well Sung
" B - Partly correct
" C - Well answered
" D - i) Incorrect period ii) Slips in clapping but time correct

Aww, such a lenient and kind examiner :) Thought he was gonna fail me summore! :mGelak:
Read 1st post and 2nd post for more details!

You must be wondering.. what am I doing here, blogging, while I have PMR to study for?!
Well, I'm wondering the same thing too.
NO LAH, now almost 12AM already, have been studying the whole day (almost). Must have break mah, tomorrow no tuition some more.. must take the opportunity to stay up later!

And now you know why I won't get straight As (IF).

But I have tried my best to study to the full. Come on, you tell me. Who wouldn't want straight As for the exam they have been studying for, for 3 years?

:mThinking: Some idiot monkey la

I have honestly, cut down a lot of time on the computer (but not much on the iPod xD). Have been doing my exercises :mStudy:
But right, whatever I study, I seem to forget it the next day. LIKE WHAT THE HECK :mDarah:
If like that, then don't need to study loh. Study last minute better.

OF COURSE NOT. Must consistently and constantly study.. that's the way. Lol, too bad, it's too late already. 4 more days! No time to study detailed things already, it's time to sum up and go through all I have studied.

Like my piano exam, I don't have much confidence. Aiya, I'm always like this, so low self-esteem. Hopefully and prayerfully, in the end, I will get better than I expected (which is straight As!), as I did in my piano exam.

Now I surrender it all to God. "I tried my best" might be an excuse for not doing better to all of you. But to me, it literally means what it says. I don't think I have studied this hard in my life. Yeah, I might sleep in class when I revise/study (A LOT), but.. I didn't mean to.

It's not like, "Oh I feel so sleepy, freaking exercises! To heck with PMR!"
It's, "Oh man, study so long already, feel so sleepy and tired. Must take power nap, then continue studying!" And then someone wakes me up and talks to me, and then I try taking another power nap. Then, the same thing happens again with a different person. How to take power nap, you tell me??! You know me wan lah, don't want to hurt people's feelings by telling them how much they're disturbing me and my attemped power nap..

Okay, it's beginning to sound like an emo post (or maybe it is).

Will be away for 3 weeks. Please do pray for me. It will be greatly appreciated.
All the best to the rest out there! Don't study so hard! Let me score ok :D?

Photobucket

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please comment appropriately!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs

Edited by Carmen Chan