Review: Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #6)Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another splendid read by Sophia Kinsella from her Shopaholic series. However, there was one thing which ticked me off.

As usual, whenever I read the Shopaholic series, I cannot help but feel angry at Rebecca for her constant lying. Yes, she tells the lies so that she doesn't hurt anyone's feelings, but there's just too many lies and they never stop until finally, the truth comes out or something horrible happens. In almost every page I flip to, she tells a lie. Also, she's always in denial and trying to think of things that she wants to hear herself even when the truth is pretty clear. The Ultimate Nanny, Nanny Sue, the new house, shopping (as always :P) etc. The lies gets me frustrated and annoyed most of the time. But, the lies related to the party and Elinor were certainly understandable. Yet, I still continue to read the book (and the series). This goes to show how good they are. Of course, I mean no offence to others who act the same way.

The positive points of the story made up for it anyways because I still continue to read the book till the end (and the series). Love the witty humour that made me laugh out loud (literally). There were some events which were pretty hilarious too. The ever-so-patient, charming Luke Brandon who understands his wife and loves his family so deeply was a plus. I absolutely adore her friends and family who are always so supportive of her. Also, I love how concerned and caring Rebecca can be.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this and cannot wait for the next installment! :)

View all my reviews

1 comment :

  1. Omg Sophie has another book coming out soooooon.

    It's called "I've Got Your Number" and it's a standalone novel :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment appropriately!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs

Edited by Carmen Chan