Update on "Project All Around the World"

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Added China to the "tentative" list of my "Project All Around the World" :)

I always get very very excited when we travel overseas!!

It's kinda like a tradition for our family (and a few other families) to travel overseas during Chinese New Year. I spent my CNY last year in Sri Lanka. It's not that we're not dedicated and devoted to our roots, but that's the period where the adults can take a leave from work! XD

Next year, our tentative plan, is to travel to China.


Yo, that's where my ancestors came from :D

The IRONY of this whole trip is that, we've been avoiding traveling to China during Chinese New Year. Why? Because (from what I overhear) all the local shops and restaurants close because the locals are celebrating CNY as well. It's like Thanksgiving in America, it's a huge holiday and festive season. Therefore, every year we can't pick countries like China, Hong Kong or Taiwan.

But next year, we're going to China. I find this extremely ironic, I had to have a post on this. But apparently, there's a good reason to why we're going to China. According to Shaun, we're going to China because China today is very economical and the locals do open their shops and restaurants during Chinese New Year to earn more money. I don't know whether it's true or not, but we'll find out when we get there.

Also, what saddens me is... among the 7-8 places in China that we're visiting, none of them is Beijing. Which means, we're not visiting the historical and famous monuments like:

The Great Wall of China


The Forbidden City


Beijing National Stadium


WTH RIGHT?! Why do they all have to be at the one place we're not visiting? Ridiculous!

However, at least we're going to Shanghai.


But overall, I'm pretty excited.
Every year, I always say that where we're going (be it Bali, Sri Lanka or China) is going to be boring. But I was wrong for Bali and Sri Lanka. I had fun! So, I'm hoping the same for China.

Trying not to get my hopes and expectations too high, because I will be sadly disappointed if it is not as I expect it would be.

I really really really do hope we're going :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please comment appropriately!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs

Edited by Carmen Chan