Failure knocks on my door; choices

Friday, June 4, 2010

Disclaimer: Half of the post is serious talk.

Teacher's Day was a success! Well, at least it was a success for the backstage crew. Miraculously, everything went on smoothly and today didn't require as much screaming as yesterday or the day before.

Haha, Sydney's group was hi-larious!

**
Besides that, breaking wood is one of my many Achilles heels. I found out today, I can't break wood. And if you want to be a black belt in Taekwando, you HAVE to break wood. With your hands AND legs. I can't even break wood with my hands, OR my legs (Lol, mathematical reasoning).
I tried to tell myself, "The wood is my enemy... the wood is my enemy!". Apparently, I gave in. I failed at my many attempts to break the wood and I ended up having a sore, bruised elbow (not to mention, a sore bruised ego too). AND I DIDN'T EVEN BREAK THE WOOD! It was still in one piece, smiling at me with its squarish-shape and fine brown lines. It was laughing at me - scorning at me, for not being able to break it. Instead of me breaking the wood, the wood broke me.
I'm so screwed for my exam. So screwed.

**
The human life is made up of choices. Yes or no. In or out. Up or down. And then there are the choices that matter. To love or hate. To be a hero or to be a coward. To fight or to give in. To live or die.
- Derek Shepherd, GA S06E24

Well... my choice-making problem doesn't really involve life or death.

But it is always extremely difficult to make choices, whether or not they are big or small matters. If it was easy, we wouldn't have to make a choice because we would know what we want and eliminate the other choice. Sometimes there are too many choices, you can't even choose. Taking your pick is not as easy and casual as it sounds. It takes a lot of thinking and contemplating. It's like a crossroad you know. Left or right? That way or this way? You're afraid that making the wrong choice would lead to consequences and regret.
Lemme tell you, REGRET is extremely uncomfortable. I hate it when I regret something I did. I feel as if I should have done this rather than that. I could have made THAT simple choice, but I did not.

Camp or exam. Camp or exam. Camp or exam.
Prefect or taekwando. Prefect or taekwando. Prefect or taekwando.
Blue or black. Blue or black. Blue or black.

Yeah, I think I lost you at "Well...", you probably don't understand a thing I'm crapping about :P

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please comment appropriately!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs

Edited by Carmen Chan