Sims 3 so slow and laggy :(

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I finally got the Sims 3! From Eugene's friend :) TQ so much Eugene and his friend!

I installed it into my new computer last night and the everything was fine. UNTIL I played the game. My goodness you have no idea how slow the game and the loading was!! I was so pissed off by the game, I decided to play it the next day.

THE NEXT DAY, still as slow and laggy as ever. It was terrible, man. 4-5 days took around 4-5 hours when an ideal time for one day is usually minutes. I can't stand playing it, but it's the game I have wanted to play all my life!! So I continued playing the laggy and slow version. It's lagging so badly. I'm gonna have a heart attack soon. To calm myself down, I listened to classical music (specifically, Mario Franguolis's Bungoiorno Principessa on repeat mode).
Your wish came true Wei Joe. It lags.

The thing is probably slow because my computer doesn't meet certain requirements needed by the game, such as my processor. But other than that, everything matches. CURSE THE PROFESSOR PROCESSOR!

I Carmen Chan, have no patience when it comes to the computer.

SO,
I tried installing it on my old computer.. video card needs to be updated, ARGH!
Then I tried installing it on my laptop, not enough space o.O
Wanted to install it on my mom's laptop, cannot.. for work.
Also wanted to install it on my old laptop, TOO OLD.

Another thing I'm angry about.. is every 40minutes - 1hour, the game stops, the screen goes blank for awhile and goes back to the desktop with a pop up awaiting me, saying the display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered. So I have encountered that thing for around 4-5 times. Then I have to click 'OK' and go back to the game which takes around 6 minutes? This is maybe because I have to update the Microsoft Vista software. And then when I get back to the game, I can't click certain buttons, so I have to go back to the desktop and then return to the game again. It's doing it more frequently now. So sad right?

My goodness, I'm going mad!
Sims 3 and I have no fate I tell you.

But on the bright side, my Sim's pregnant (after 3 stupid hours)! I brought her to the spa to have a massage :) She loved it. Now she's suffering from backache. Poor her.
I would love to screencap my family and show it to you guys, but I'm using the laptop to post this, so I can't.
Great, now it's just stopping there... doing nothing. #$(*^#W?!]@$@!

You can read my Twitter updates to see what I have said during the installation, the beginning of the game, and the part where I become neutrotic.

Edit:
It's working slightly better now! Praise the Lord! Don't know why and how. I hope it's like this all the time :)
But the 'display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered' thing is still very irritating. It's popping up every 20 minutes now!

2 comments :

  1. One and only answer - Get a Mac!!!! My 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo with 4GB ram and 256mb HD Radeon graphics runs the game quite well, the one and only problem which is every ones problem is Ultra Speed is just slow, 2, 3 and even the 4 one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Sims 3. It seems if you google it everyone is having problems. My £1200 computer has lag on it and can get 30-40FPS on Crysis and a game like Sims3 is not going to push it yet it lags. It is an EA games bug.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment appropriately!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs

Edited by Carmen Chan