Missing camp..

Sunday, June 7, 2009

PICTURE HEAVY!


Church camp was great :D! I mean.. everything was great. The beach, the fellowship, the message, the food!

The journey there was longer than I thought and we kinda got lost because the entrance was so narrow and hidden. Then we had lunch and went to our dorms to put our stuff. We stayed in dorm W3 with Carmen Phuah, Shannon, Abby, Janice, Queenie, Phoebe, Stephanie, Ivy, Adrienne, Le Hong and Meity (Le Hong's maid). Le Hong was super duper cute!


And this is Lé Hong (it's pronounced as leh hong). Very inside joke!


Game time with Uncle Jacky (game-master) was my one of my favourite activities there. We had to create animal sounds, eat sour plums and blow and burst balloons for the Icebreakers. But that was only 'icebreakers'. We also had 'Mega-Relays'. Sweet tartar sauce, I have never seen the adults so active! Running here, running there.


A few of the challenges were playing that wire game and guess Christian English songs by listening to Mrs. Leong sing (a game similar to that TVB variety show where they ask foreigners to sing Canto songs). We also had to put on stockings and gloves on 5 teammates without damaging them, eat sour plums (again!) and wrap a teammate with newspaper! Great fun.


Beach time was nice too. I FINALLY got to ride a banana boat. Pictures are not with me atm.
4th June - It was nice, feeling the wind blow against your face and all. At first I thought it would be scary, but in the end, it wasn't as scary as I thought it was. They dropped us near the shore, which was also fun :)
5th June - Eh. It wasn't as fun as yesterday. Yes the wind-blowing-against-face thing was the best part, but the dropping part was bad. At first he dropped us in the middle of the ocean (don't know why) and my nose hurt really bad cause all the water went in. 2nd time, he dropped us neat the shore which was fine, but it hurt as well. Don't know why the one yesterday didn't hurt at all.


The food was très bien too! It was Chinese food for all 3 days.

Homogenous Session was fun too. We had this game called, 'The Life and Times of Sid Han'. He had a 'diary' and we were suppose to complete the tasks given in the diary, which resulted in pictures like these (Isaiah 43:1-7):


"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."


"Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give men in exchange for you, and people in exchange for your life."


"I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth-"


"Everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made."


I don't rmb what was the meaning behind this pic.. but it's cute!

Not to forget, the meaningful messages by Rev. Earl Bengs were powerful! "You ARE somebody!!"

Random funny pictures...


Having fun with the megaphone..
I had funnier pics of KK holding the megaphone.. don't know where it went.




Just being silly..


Swinging away..

Aww there are a lot more nice pictures from the DSLR camera!
And if you want to see more.. I have uploaded them in FB :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please comment appropriately!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs

Edited by Carmen Chan