2009 Academy Awards; Ip Man & Chinese Martial Arts?

Monday, February 23, 2009

WOOHOO! Slumdog Millionaire's the big winner at the 81st Annual Academy Awards (2009)! It was predictable.. it was a great movie. So full of meaning.. but after watching the movie, I don't feel like going India anymore.

I missed the live show which was at 9AM, LOL I was still at school darn it.. But I'm watching the repeat one now! Now it's @ the short films award.


Hugh Jackman was the host! I like him :D He had an opening number, with Anne Hathaway! HILARIOUS!

Red Carpet Gallery
List of winners/nominees

Penelope Cruz, Kate Winslet, Robert Downey Jr, Brad Pitt, Zac Efron, Heidi Klum, Natalie Portman, Dev Patel, Frieda Pinto, Jennifer Aniston, Anne Hathaway, Jack Black and Marissa Tomei all looked fantastic! I'm only mentioning those I know.. perhaps a lot more looked good too.
I think Miley Cyrus did something to her teeth O.O And so young age show cleavage already.. tsk tsk.
Tilda Swinton never fails to show off her out-of-this-world wardrobe. It's not an insult, neither it's a compliment. Okay fine, it's more to a compliment :] She's so daring!
---------------------------------------------
As expected, Ip Man was nice!

Everyone said it was interesting. Even Feli who can't understand Chinese says it's really interesting!

After watching, my mom is considering in enrolling me for Wushu class, or at least Wing Chun. HAHA, wait till I master my Taekwando first lah :P

Wushu/Kung Fu/Wing Chun is all Chinese-based though, Taekwando is Korean.

But Wing Chun does sound interesting. I see them use those 'muk yan jong' (Wooden Dummy) to practice. I mean.. not only Wing Chun use.. maybe Kung Fu, or WUSHU uses it too.
I think Wushu use spear wan woh. Seriously, I wonder if people take up Wing Chun (or any other Chinese martial arts) lessons after watching Ip Man.
Aiya, I think instincts are the best martial arts (:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please comment appropriately!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs

Edited by Carmen Chan