The Problem with Procrastination

Monday, March 25, 2013


Pushing work away when all you want to is just have fun. We all face it. It's just a matter of how we decide to suppress it and how much we allow it to take over our lives.

Exhibit A. Me.

I am one of those people who procrastinate to the max. I am just PLAIN lazy. Oh trust me, I know I have things to do and if I don't complete them, I'm screwed. And yet, here I am making a blog post ABOUT delaying said work. It's crazy.

For example, I have a theory (which is more like a bad habit). If I spend all my time today doing the things I want to do, I'll spend all my time tomorrow studying. However that never works, because I do the same thing the next day, followed by the day after that and... well, you catch my drift. It's an endless cycle of unproductivity, hedonism and just feeling really guilty the next day. But do I let that guilt affect me in a positive way so that it'll motivate me to work harder? God, no. I let it make me feel guilty, and then I repeat the same mistake.

I also do this thing, where if I get obsessed with a game like The Sims 3, my theory is that if I play SO much I get so sick of it, I don't even want to touch it anymore. Which is very bad way of managing time but here I am doing it LOL.

And this is ruining my life. I'm sitting for 15 papers this semester, exam's in May, and here I am not studying. It's basically suicide.

Sigh. When will I ever learn.

"Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him" - Charles Dickens

Also, I'm planning to edit and change my current layout!
(ETA: I've edited it, but something is wrong with it as my links are all appearing blue ugh. I'll change it soon!)

If anyone is somehow still reading my blog filled with posts of questionable quality and sanity after 5-6 years,  CONGRATULATIONS you deserve a virtual cookie



No comments :

Post a Comment

Please comment appropriately!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs

Edited by Carmen Chan