God's love is spreading to the world!

Friday, September 28, 2007

Gosh. i didn't know that Ada Choi or Sherene Tang were christians. seriously. that is really shocking. came across this 'interview' about Ada Choi's love for Christianty (awww...)

Finding New Life through the Love of Religion

After the days without God in her life, this made Ada cherish everything she has even more and she will always be smiling. Since becoming a Christian, she has a happy and thankful heart and understands the meaning of life.




H: Many people know that you are a Christian, have you had any periods where you felt you could not see God?
A: I put God aside in 1995 and at the time, my career was going very well and I even filmed movies with Stephen Chow and Jet Li, but then I had nothing to do and in 9 months, no-one offered me any work. Coupled with the poor relationship I had with my family, I felt very helpless. At the time, I had no friends and was overly self-protecting, so I was very false and would not put my heart into friendships and did know know what point there was to life. In 1996, I returned to the church and began to realise my problems, I found love there and also met a lot of friends. I brought God into my work and I changed entirely.

H: Christians usually feel very humble, have you ever lost out on any opportunities because of your faith? When I first started in the industry, people told me to offer incense and join in the photo to increase press coverage, but I felt I would rather have less publicity. I would joke with them and say: "If I carried a cross, then there would be even more pictures of me."
A: I turned down some films because of God or when I was out spreading the gospel, but I believe that God has His arrangements for me. I remember in 1998, a TV station offered me a job and the pay was very good, but because I had to film a ghost story, I decided to stay at TVB and film for "Secret of the Heart", then I received a female lead award for this series, so I was very thankful.

H = the guy interviewing her (who is an actor as well)
A = Ada Choi

Came across this one too:

Ada Choi is a devoted Christian and given the opportunity to visit Israel and the birthplace of Jesus in TVB's travel show "On the Road", she was very excited and enthusiastic, but when she had her own experience of carrying a cross and the suffering of Christ, it moved her to tears.

Awww.. isn't that great? God also works in many others. i'm very happy for Ada Choi!

and heard that gigi lai's brother met with an accident (drink-driving taxi driving accident). and someone said this, "Without everyone's support and SMS text messages, she would not have been able to hang in there. Co-star, Ada Choi Siu Fun will also be praying for Gigi's brother."

waiting for gigi lai to be a christian now =P. this website said. "Gigi prayed to God that as long as Stephen gets better, she will become a vegeterian for the rest of her life". not sure whether she's referring to God (as in the one we Christians believe). no one knows. can't find info about her religion anywhere! if she's not, hope she does become one. heard that sherene tang invited her to church. cool!! and i heard that's 2 years ago =(. i hear alot of things huh.

there's this group of hk celebs (who are christians) which are called 'house of artists'. why 'house of artists'? but nevermind. there are other christian hk celebs but they didn't join it. YET.

yay! today's a friday! so happy. but later, i have piano class *sob*. that's sad.
gtg now ppl. cya on my next post =)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please comment appropriately!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs

Edited by Carmen Chan