A Night To Remember (28/2); Meryl Streep & Ellen DeGeneres

Monday, March 2, 2009

I loved it! It was absolutely brilliant.
The Venezuelan pianist Sergio Tiempo was great! Well, I don't know whether he was good or not, but I assume he's very good because he made it into the orchestra.
The Russian conductor Vassily Sinaisky really showed a lot of emotions while conducting. He looked like any typical grandfather. His gestures and motions were strict and sharp most of the time, but when necessary, he used gentle and smooth strokes (baton). Excellent :D!
Other than that, the head 1st violinist guy was plum and fair. He was very funny, cause his bow strings kept falling off and when it wasn't his turn to play, you can see him vigorously pulling it off. But it didn't occur to him only, some of the other string instrument players' bows also came off.
They played:

Dvořák's Carnival Overture (Op.92), Liszt's Piano Concerto No.1 in E flat & Rachmaninov's Symphony No.2 in E minor (Op.27).


Phoebe's brother, Mark, Phoebe, me and Feli!


Felicity Fong :P


The beautiful, Phoebe Klaire.


The unexpected, Seet Zi Yean (disposable)!!! Who knew she would come to these kind of performances.


Mr. Wilson Wong, thank you for sending me there! And once again, I didn't know he was going to the same performance till that afternoon.


*ahem*.. Feli ruined the picture, haha!


My ticket.


Dewan Filharmonik Petronas.

Now, I'm 60% sure I want to play in the orchestra.


I found the last part hilarious. They were suppose to guess the accents from the papers pasted on their hat.

1 comment :

  1. Lol....I been waiting for the pics lol.....

    ReplyDelete

Please comment appropriately!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs

Edited by Carmen Chan