Typical Hakka wedding

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I attended this relative's wedding just a few weeks ago.. it was a Hakka wedding! And coincidentally, the groom's name is called Christopher. Just like my bro! So before the wedding, we kept teasing him.. saying that he was getting married. He got annoyed :\
I was like the official photographer of the weddding!


Preparing for the wedding~


The scariest thing happened. There was this little boy (picture above).. who was suppose to open the car door (Chinese tradition) but he was too afraid to do it. So I (the 2nd youngest there) had to do it!! No picture of me opening the door, cause I was holding the camera. You should've seen me!!!


Bride & groom :P (this pic was taken before I opened the door)


It was so cute that they prayed.. the bride wasn't a Christian so she was opening her eyes looking around.. so disrespectful!


Then we have the usual tea serving ceremony..


Don't get it wrong.. I wasn't giving the angpow to the groom (why would I?). He was giving it to me after I served them tea (the juniors are suppose to serve them tea and receive angpow $)..

WEDDING DINNER!


:)


The both of them posing for a pic before walking into the dinner hall.


Their church's worship team sang a few gospel songs before the dinner was served.

My favourite part of the whole wedding!







Then they had their yam seng and so on..






I'm so proud of my heritage!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please comment appropriately!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs

Edited by Carmen Chan