NARNIA (PC) WAS AWEEESOME; my review.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

The movie was awesome. The music was awesome. The storyline was awesome. The message was awesome.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Well in my opinion, it could've been the best movie ever made!! LOL. They kept quite faithful to the book. But they did add a few extra scenes. Imagine. The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe was soooo amazing. This was better!

The Pevensies' once again, were brilliant. I was amazed by Lucy's performance!! She was so cute and innocent. Susan's as well. She remained brave. LOL the part in the beginning with her and some boy was really funny. She told him her name was Phyllis but after that, Lucy then called her, spoiling Susan's plan of getting rid of the boy. Edmund definitely changed for the better. Peter changed for the worse O.O. He became more arrogant, just like the site (The Dancing Lawn) said. But he repented at the end. Miraz's and Caspian's performance were very good as well. Sergio Castellitto portrayed his character so well. He was soo cruel. Ben Barnes as Prince Caspian was as good!

It's also got a little love story inside between Susan & Caspian. They keep locking eyes. But at the end they had their kiss :)

And about the White Witch, when I watched the trailer I was quite surprised to see her there. I don't remember her in the book (I only read it once so i'm not sure, cause I lost the whole huge book *slaps head*). But they were trying to build suspense, which I felt in a great amount at that particular scene!!!!

I loved the religious theme in the movie. Especially at the end, where Aslan asked whether anyone would like to live in that 'place', it is especially for those who plan to start a whole new life. IMO, it also represents God asking us whether we want salvation. The General and Miraz's wife&baby said they did. That was really touching. In reality, it's like accepting God's salvation. And the sad thing was, Peter & Susan can't return to Narnia anymore, cause they're too old. awww man. I really want them to feature in the new still-filming movie, TCON: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. But they aren't I guess.

All in all, I really loved the movie. REALLY LOVED IT. It was kinda more than I expected. The graphics/special effects were really cool! C.S. Lewis is sooo smart and creative. I actually lost the book while reading one of the books at the end. Can barely remember which book I read last. Darn! Anyways, 5/5 stars for PC!!!

found some 'You're watching Disney Channel' bumpers by Georgie (Lucy) & Skandar (Edmund)! Georgie's one is really cute!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please comment appropriately!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs

Edited by Carmen Chan